Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I might as well start with what I have so far. I only have one box of Thousand Sons and an extra chaos sorcerer. I also traded with a fellow Adeptus Windy City member for some metal Dark Angels Veterans (Which I plan to turn into more socerers, Thanks Jason!) .

I started putting together my Thousand Sons and I have to say they are an incredible pain. Maybe I'm just used to working in all plastic. The pewter/ plastic combo seems like a good idea, but sometimes it takes a lot of filing to get them to fit together. It also seems like the quality of the plastic Chaos Marines isn't as good as the regular Marine plastics. I think this has to do with the fact that they are a lot more ornate. Plastic doesn't do as well with super-detailed stuff. Some of the detailing seems a little fuzzy around the edges.

So far, I've glued all the legs to their bases. The sight of eight body-less pairs of legs on my desk lead my girlfriend to ask me if I was building an army based on the Dr. Seuss story "The Pants with Nobody in Them." I've heard more than one person say they were afraid of that story as a kid (Which is funny in itself since the point of the story is to not be afraid of the pants). Maybe I should build an army of just legs and play off the childhood fears of my opponents. After all, the Thousand Sons is an army comprised of suits of armor with nobody in them. Hmmm, maybe they can summon some Star-Bellied Sneetches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home