Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Five Minutes a Day

I lead a very full life. It's sometimes tough to find a large block of time to devote to just sitting down and work on miniatures. I really enjoy painting, but I enjoy time with my son and my girlfriend even more.
I have for a long time recommended to my fellow miniature painters (usually people who had some excuse for unpainted armies) that if they have a workspace set up, they could sit down at anytime to paint, even if it is for only five minutes a day. The idea is that they only need to spend a few minutes a day, and whatever they did will add up in the end.
I decided to actually take my own advise and spend at least five minutes a day working on my Thousand sons. Some days it was hard and all I could do was exactly five minutes. On some days it was impossible, like when I went out of town this weekend. Other days, I was able to squeeze fifteen or thirty minutes. Working on this Schedule I now have four Thousand sons glued and ready for priming, the remaining pewter helmets trimmed and filed, and one flamer ready for gluing. This may not seem like a lot, but if I had waited to try and find a spare hour or two, none of it would have happened.

4 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog sucks. But your homemade chili is pretty good.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Scott said...

"Pretty good"!? My chili isn't pretty good, it's the best! You talk awful big for a person who is too afraid to post their name, Either that, or you're afraid you will no longer get to eat said chili if I know your identity.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you spent less time "blogging" and more time at home cooking and cleaning, you'd be a better painter, too. Oh, and I've always loved your sister more than you.

love, mom

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Scott! Just wanted to show some encouragement, and let you know there is someone besides your Mom reading your blog.
J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home