Friday, February 03, 2006

Prime Time!

We'll I guess that answers the questions as to whether or not people are reading this. Thanks, Chris for reading and answering the first ever "My Thousand Sons" discussion question. Hopefully, there will be a better response in the future.

I suppose I should answer the question too. I don't think I would re-build my space wolves right away. I definitely continue my work with my Thousand Sons.

Anyway, I primed my first unit. Black, of course. Not much to say. I think this is the most boring step in painting. At least when you are just gluing a miniature together, you have a choice of how to pose them and what pieces are going to go where. There is creativity to it. Painting something black is just like painting primer on your front room walls (which I've also been doing this week).

I've also touched them up after the prime coat, which is always a must. I'm a much better spray-painter than I used to be, but no matter what, the spray always misses something. I simply touch this up with a little Chaos black mixed with black ink and a little water.

Now, on to the real painting...

4 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

son,
remember when you were a baby, and i used to call you my "little space wolf?" THat was before we had your tail removed. I still have it taped to the inside cover of your baby scrapbook. You were such a brave little boy during the procedure. You'll always be my little space pup.

love, mom.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doctor,
I have an 8-year old male space wolf. Though slightly overweight and lethargic, he is generally healthy-- the omega of our pack. However, every morning I wake up to a large puddle of space wolf vomit in my path. I thought this was just a normal part of spacewolf digestion, but last night he actually vomitted on my head while I slept. Could this be a wolf-cry for help? Am I feeding him too much space-wolf chow? Please advise.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Scott said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Your space wolf may have been corrupted by the dark powers if his genetically-engineered super-human metabolism can't digest his food. Normally, I'd say that may want to contact an Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus so that your Space Wolf may be cleansed of this taint of darkness. But we all know the Space Wolves' history with the Inquisition. It's better that he spend some time with a Wolf Priest or possibly a session with a Rune Priest. Also, you may consider that he is struggling with the mark of the Wolfen. Did he show any signs of this when he was indoctrinated into the pack?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home