Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Best Girlfriend Ever!

My girlfriend recently quit her job, and was looking for something to get her out of the house today. Last night she asked me, "Don't you have any pointless errands to send me on?"

To which I replied, "Why, as a matter of fact I do!" I didn't think she'd actually be willing to go to the game store to pick up copies of White Dwarf and pots of paint. To my delight, she easily agreed. This morning I wrote a list of paints that I needed and headed off to work with the lunch she had packed for me.

Very few women are willing to subject themselves to the greasy, pimpled horror that is a game shore. Many who do venture into these dark realms report being treated like mutants, heretics, or dumbasses

She called me a short while ago to let me know she survived the ordeal unscathed. Her biggest complaint was that the guy working the place kept calling her "Ma'am." She figured that was just indicative of a guy who doesn't have much contact with women.

Anyway, I'm just glad that I have a girlfriend that knows what an apologetic geek I am and still loves me for it.

4 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she made you lunch to boot!

J

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you forgot the best part... about the pasty guy at the counter (who had noticably clear skin!). I held my hand out to receive the change, and he sandwiched it between his two sweaty palms and held it there for a couple of excruciatingly long seconds while maintaining intense eye contact. Last time I worked retail, you didn't need two hands to give change. In fact, a thumb-forefinger combo would usually do the trick. Perhaps he hadn't figured out how to use his opposable thumbs--may also be the reason his skin is so clear. Any more errands my love?

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Actually, I wrote this post before I knew about the touching with the sweaty palms. I mentioned it in a new post, though.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe now you should write a Blog about the best Mom ever picking up bitz for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home