Friday, October 20, 2006

Defiler Friday!!


Here is my Defiler "up on blocks" as the glue dries on it's legs. I was a little worried about this part because it looked like it was going to be a difficult task to get these things in the right place. I've seen a ton of kids at games shops with these poorly built, leg-less defiler. These kids always make me what to yell, "Damn, Son! Can't you get those legs glued on? You're a disgrace!" I didn't want to be one of those kids, so I really wanted to do a good job on the legs. I'm happy with the way things turned out, and I've gained a lot of sympathy for the kids with the crooked and/or missing-legs Defilers. This is a tough kit.

Below are the bits that are miraculously going to turn into my army's general. I'm thinking of just putting them in a box, shaking it vigorously, and praying to Tzeentch that the thing magically comes out the way I want.


Seriously, when I laid out these parts to take this photo, all those theories that have been in my head for months about what parts are going to fit together became very real. It's a what-did-I-get-myself-into feeling.

You may notice that the part that is going to become the bottom half is a sawn in half Dark Angel. You may be wondering what happened to the top half (OK, probably not, but just play along). Well, I needed something to give my Defiler a little extra weight in the back to balance it's big claws int he front. What better than a half of a metal Space Marine? That's right. Entombed inside my defiler is the mutilated corpse of a Loyalist Space Marine!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

Eh-hem. OK, back to reality. Dungeon Con is this weekend, so I should mention that. More info can be found here. I will not be attending, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. To celebrate, here's a picture of me violating the Dungeon's strict food and drink policy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home