Thursday, November 09, 2006

Defiler Friday



See, I told you I would have a Thousand Sons update for you. Above you can see my Defiler. What you can't see very well in the picture is the coruscating flame upgrade I've been modeling onto it. You can see it in this picture a lot better:



Of course, this is very much a work in progress. I'll still need to fill in some of the gaps with more green stuff. The "flames" are actually dryad arms cut up and glued directly on. Thanks to Felix for those.

I'm not sure why the picture below came out so bad, but here's what I've been working on for the sons themselves:



I originally built this painting rack for my goblin wolf riders. It works great because toothpicks (or "cocktail sticks" if you're across the pond) fit perfectly into the little holes in the back of the chaos space marine backpack. Simply break the pick in half, stick the blunt end into the backpack, and stick the sharp end into a strip of balsa wood. Bam! Instant painting rack for backpacks or mounted minis.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really dig the dryad parts on the defiler. Very cool.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have glued up racks from sprue parts.

J

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice coruscating Flame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home